Darcey Freeman’s death reverberates
The death of four year old Darcey Freeman, who was allegedly thrown by her father from Melbourne’s Westgate Bridge is still reverberating:
- there have been calls for a review of Family Court procedures
- her family have complained that the Family Court and authorities had not responded to their complaints about their fears for Darcey’s safety
- the Federal Attorney-General Robert McClelland has announced an inquiry into the role of the Family Court in the case
- Chief Justice of the Family Court Diana Bryant has said that no complaints were made, and that the orders about Darcey were made by consent
- sensitive documents in the Chief Justice’s car were stolen when her unlocked car was stolen, just hours before Darcey’s funeral.