First Return Dates: Maximising Returns from the Get Go
Running the first hearing for a property or parenting matter in the Federal Circuit and Family Court of Australia (FCFCOA) can be complex and dynamic even at the best of times. This presentation for Television Education Network discusses how you can maximise your returns while also ensuring a cost-effective and productive outcome for your client. In this paper, Stephen Page covers the following:
- How to deal with urgent matters that involve property or children
- Interim orders – what can you do?
- Preparing the case with your client:
- Distilling the issues to their narrowest point
- Can the parties agree on some issues?
- Should you obtain a family report before the first return date when it comes to parenting matters?
- How to use first return dates as a strategic tool for your family matter
Disclaimer: Every effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided in our publications. However, information should not be used or relied upon as a substitute for legal advice.