Top 8 tips when separating
- Make sure you and the kids are safe.
- Have a support network- family, friends.
- Go see a counsellor- someone independent to sort your head out helps.
- Have a positive attitude- aside from yourself, this can be invaluable for your kids
- Exercise- the best antidote to the stress of separating.
- Protect the kids positively. While the poison of separating affects you- it can impact your kids permanently.
- Get financial advice from an expert.
Hire the most experienced lawyer you can find. They may not have to do much, but they might save your bacon.