NZ: boosting security, formalising court
The Chief Judge of the NZ Family Court, Peter Boshier, is reportedly concerned about the lack of respect his court has from some people who come before it.
So the changes he announced are:
1. Beef up security ( like we had to do)
2. Make the court rooms bigger (like we did)
3. Make people stand when they address the court(like we did)
4. Require judges and counsel to robe, making the proceedings more formal (like we did)
5. Get the police involved when there are breaches (we rarely do that)